My name is Adele Lassiter and I invite you to explore my website. I am an artistic and creative professional with a passion for customer service, marketing, music, writing, education, retail solutions, hiking and outdoor recreation, volunteering and outreach.
Raleigh, NC 27608
Creative critical thinker who is motivated to apply dynamic solutions to the workplace. I am a hard worker, adhering to professional values. My diverse professional background in the entertainment, business and customer service sectors can be readily transferred into a range of professional positions. I am an effective communicator, organized, a team player and an adept learner who has a passion for helping people and obtaining goals in my professional and personal life.
Fostering teamwork, Flexibility, excellent communicator, multi-tasking, time management, customer resource management, marketing background, project management, selling skills, mentoring skills, word processing, presentations, writing, client-service, decision making, computer competency, integrated thinker (analytical, creative and strategic implementation), interpersonal awareness, diagnostic information gathering, leadership, songwriting (lyricist), vocal performance, artistic design (intermediate), Lesson-planning
Belk – Crabtree Valley Mall, Raleigh NC
Tommy Bahama Specialist, 2014-present
Lead selling-specialist for the Tommy Bahama brand at Belk’s flagship store: Crabtree Valley (Raleigh NC). This position requires extensive product knowledge, brand management, flexibility, creativity and problem solving. I have built a reputation of providing clients with excellent customer service. Since being hired as the Tommy Bahama specialist I have increased our clientele, forged relationships and exceeded selling goals. Core tasks include, but are not limited to: customer service and client relations, goal setting, product knowledge, product promotions and branding, merchandising, selling, inventory assessment, visual support, communication, conflict resolution
Firehole Productions Artist Agency, Bozeman MT
Owner, Artist Manager and Lead Talent Agent, 2010-2014
- Owner, Manager and Lead Agent of a premier booking and music agency dedicated to tour coordination of innovative independent music artists. Firehole Productions roster included: Montana Skies-cello.guitar.fusion, Jeanne Jolly-Americana/Folk, Ben Bullington-Montana Folk, Victor & Penny-Antique Pop, Little Jane &the Pistol Whips-Montana Country/New Grass
- Tasked with promoting the artistic interests of my roster through tour booking and support, artistic management, contract negotiation, media relations, publicity, artistic development, marketing, sales, follow-up on leads, advancing and more. This dynamic and demanding position required innovation, creativity, conflict resolution, effective communication skills and razor-sharp organization techniques. Annually Firehole Productions, submitted our talent to 8,000 performing arts venues, festivals and talent markets. Key festival bookings included Red Ants Pants Festival (MT), Artsplosure (NC), Grand Targhee Festival (WY), Groovefest (UT). Utilizing my Journalism and Music Business backgrounds I wrote and distributed press releases to hundreds of national and local media. I coordinated national tour dates and provided critical tour support including, but not limiting to: advancing and backline, accommodations, routing, radio and television scheduling, print media interviews, local outreach and in-school residencies.
- Required: effective communication, professional ethics, crisis management, ingenuity, strategic organization, interpersonal skills, client goal setting, office management, HR, public relations, critical thinking, et…al.
Sweet Pea Festival, Bozeman MT
Music Chair, 2011-2013
The Sweet Pea Festival of the Arts is a nationally recognized volunteer-run, family-friendly three-day festival focused on the mission of promoting and cultivating the arts. The event takes place in Bozeman’s Lindley Park in August and has an average annual attendance of 13,000.
As the sole Music Chair during my tenure on the Sweet Pea Board of Directors I was charged with researching, planning, coordinating and booking the festival’s musical acts. Pre-planning included reaching out to agents and touring bands and presenting potential performers to the festival board for a vote. My research was applauded as being the most through and well-presented up to that date in the festival’s 30-year history.
With the festival line-up selected I went to work on contract negotiations (including tour advancing-prepping the artists for the festival date; accommodations, craft services…), budget management and arbitrator. This process was time-consuming and demanded attention to detail, flexibility and creative solutions as I remained on budget. I coordinated backline (sound and performance equipment), worked with the audio engineer to set up the sound plan.
In addition to booking the festival music acts. I coordinated music publicity with the marketing team, speaking to regional news outlets and participating in on the ground marketing campaigns. I appeared on local news media three years promoting the event.
During the Festival activities, I acted as a liaison for touring acts, providing them with craft services/catering, coordinating sound checks and setting up backline. During my three-year tenure, I contributed 2,500 volunteer hours to the non-profit organization. The artists I booked include: Hot Club of Cowtown, Jerry Douglas (world-famous dobro player), Glen Phillips of Toad the Wet Sprocket, Shawn Mullins, Lavay Smith, Dirty Dozen Brass Band and more.
Frist Center for the Arts, Nashville TN
Membership Intern 2009
I served as a Membership Intern for Nashville’s internationally renowned Frist Center for the Visual Arts. The vision of the Frist Center is to inspire people through art to look at their world in state-of-the-art ways through high quality interactive exhibits, educational programs and outreach activities.
In my role, I dedicated 20 hours a month recruiting new members to join the Frist, reaching out to existing members through client relations to apprise them of upcoming events and members only opportunities. On an administrative level, I filed and organized paperwork and made phone calls for the Membership Office. I was an active volunteer on during museum events including Preview nights and FRIST Fridays.
Big Loud Shirt, Nashville TN
Creative Administrative Intern, 2007
Creative Intern and Administrative Office Assistant for Nashville’s Leading Independent Music Publisher. Responsibilities included key office responsibilities including: answering phone calls, filing key paperwork, scheduling, running errands, preparing and submitting music demos, etc…I also assisted in publicity and creative campaign assistance for the artistic goals of the agency. I was instrumental in launching a facebook and social media marketing campaign for Big Loud Shirt and coordinating integrated marketing concepts expand the brand and publicize the launch of owner Craig Wiseman’s GAC TV show ‘The Hit Men of Music Row.’
B.A., Audio/Video Production and Music Business – Belmont University, Nashville TN
- Award of Excellence by ETS for score of 193 on PRAXIS Teaching Exam (7-12 History)
- RCC Award for Customer Service at Belk (multiple occasions)
- Speech Lab Mentor at Belmont University – assisted students to grow as effective communicators.
- Legion of Mary active member
- Catechist/Teacher at Our Lady of Lourdes, Raleigh NC
- Youth Group leader at Our Lady of Lourdes, Raleigh NC
- Published author of ‘Murder in Custer State Park.’
- 100 hours of volunteer work with Nashville Humane Association (Cat Socialization in 2008-2009)
- Attended the ASCAP I Create Music Festival in 2006 in Los Angeles (classes taught by leading leaders in the entertainment industry)