Creative self-motivated professional, who possesses excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills. My diverse professional background in the entertainment, business and customer service sectors can be readily transferred into a range of professional positions.
- Earned a scholarship to the ASCAP I Create Music Expo in 2006 in Los Angeles, attended classes and panels with Stephen Schwartz (Wicked); Tom Petty; Desmond Child and top industry leaders.
- Started Firehole Productions, a premier agency to promote top independent talent
- Contributed 2000 volunteer hours as Music Chair on Sweet Pea Festival of the Arts Board (MT)
- RCC Award Winner for Customer Service at Belk
Belk, Sales Specialist
Crabtree Valley Mall, Raleigh, NC 2014 – Present
Sales Specialist for Belk Flagship store. Core tasks range from brand management and marketing, client relations, visual support, inventory assessment, merchandising.
- Authorized to design and merchandise floor sets based on company standards.
- Inventory assessment and coordination with other departments to provide logistical support.
- Merchandising of the following brands: Tommy Bahama, Southern Proper, Calvin Klein and Crown & Ivy, and Perry Ellis
Tommy Bahama Specialist:
- Brand champion for Tommy Bahama, a nationally renowned luxury lifestyle brand, providing extensive product knowledge and creative solutions to patrons.
- Going the extra mile to engage clients, taking time to personally interact and assist customers with their individual needs.
- Utilize my interpersonal communication skills to increase our department’s client list by 200% in three years.
- Consistently exceed sales goals, and ranks in the top tier of associates for annual sales at Belk Crabtree.
Firehole Productions Artist Agency, Owner and Lead Talent Agent
Bozeman, MT, 2010-2014
Owner, Manager and Lead Agent of a premier talent agency promoting innovative independent music artists. Firehole Productions … thorough tour coordination, artist management, marketing and media relations. Roster included Ben Bullington, Jeanne Jolly, Little Jane & the Pistol Whips, Montana Skies-cello.guitar.fusion, Victor & Penny-antique pop and John Lowell.
- Promoting my roster’s creative and business interests through artistic direction, artist development, creative support, booking and coordinating national tours, brand management, contract negotiation, advancing and tour support.
- Over 8,000 annual submissions to performing arts venues, festivals & talent markets.
- Key festival bookings included Red Ants Pants Festival (MT), Artsplosure (NC), Grand Targhee Festival (WY), Groovefest (UT).
- Organization of Artist Outreach and Residencies
- Developing comprehensive marketing strategies and multi-tiered campaigns to promote each artist’s brand.
- Designing and/or coordinating Artist Portfolios, including EPKs (Electronic Press Kits), One Sheets, Demos, Press Kits and Media Guides
- Managing the roster’s Social Media Presence
- Executing Publicity Campaigns; drafting and submitting press releases to hundreds of media outlets, coordinating radio and television appearances, print media interviews
Sweet Pea Festival, Bozeman MT
Music Chair, 2011-2013
The Sweet Pea Festival of the Arts is a nationally recognized volunteer-run, family-friendly three-day festival focused on the mission of promoting and cultivating the arts. The event takes place in Bozeman’s Lindley Park in August
As the Music Chair during my tenure on the Sweet Pea Board of Directors I was charged with:
- Researching, coordinating and booking the festival’s musical acts
- Contract negotiations (including tour advancing-prepping the artists for the festival date; accommodations, craft services…)
- Budget management and arbitrator
- Coordination of sound and performance equipment
- Coordination of publicity with the marketing team
- Speaking to regional news outlets
- Contributed 2,500 volunteer hours to the non-profit organization in three years.
- Featured Performers included: Hot Club of Cowtown, Jerry Douglas (world-famous dobro player), Glen Phillips of Toad the Wet Sprocket, Shawn Mullins, Lavay Smith, Dirty Dozen Brass Band and more.
- FRIST Center for the Arts, Nashville TN
- Big Loud Shirt, Nashville TN
Creative Intern and Administrative Office Assistant for Nashville’s Leading Independent Music Publisher. (2007)
Catechist and Faith Formation Leader,
Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church
Nashville Humane Association – Cat Socialization
Legion of Mary
B.A., Audio/Video Production and Music Business – Belmont University, Nashville TN